The GeoTools 2.1.x release is a stable branch no longer under active development.
- Bring Back FeatureCollection — you should have your coffee before reading this
- FeatureTypes for GML — deal with the lacking aspects of our Feature model that are highlighted by David's GML parser
- Grid Coverage Exchange Design — implementation for Grid Coverage Exchange
- Grid Coverage Update — A refactoring of org.geotools.gc.
- Road Map to 2.1
- Shapefile Index Support — individual row in a shapefile in O(1) time
- Upgrade to 2.1
- WFS GML DataStore — overview of the design
Since this release is passing out of active maintence (you can always volunteer if you need a patch) we can only recommend this release for very conservative, or those working with an applicaiton based on GeoTools 2.1.1.
GeoTools 2.1 At A Glance
Who Should Use 2.1.x
The GeoTools 2.1.x releases are used by:
- uDig 1.0 uses these releases
- GeoServer 1.3.0
The last release on this branch is 2.1.1.
Updating from 2.0.x to 2.1.x
Geotools 2.1 has the following planned changes you should be aware of:
- the removal of methods deprecated in 2.0
- port to GeoAPI Coordinate Reference System
CRSService and CoordinateReferenceSystem
The functionality formally known as CRSServices is available in three places:
- JTS.transform( Envelope, MathTransform )
- CRS.decode( "EPSG:1234" )
- CRS.transform( from, to )
This represents the most significan change yet to GeoTools 2, thanks to everyone for their support.
- JDBCDataStore - now requires the use of Andrea's fid changes
- DefaultQuery - always requres a specific typeName