GeoTools does not offer map data. This is something that users must provide themselves.
Here are some sites that offer free GIS data:
- USGS provide lots of GIS data. For example, have a look at the National Map viewer http://nmviewogc.cr.usgs.gov/, or at the water data at http://water.usgs.gov/data.html, or at geological data at the GEODE site http://geode.usgs.gov/.
- The Wyoming Geographic Information Science center provides quite a lot of data about the Wyoming state at the Wyoming Natural Resources Data Clearinghouse http://www.wygisc.uwyo.edu/clearinghouse/
- The Geotiff site provides some sample Geotiff imagery at ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/geotiff/samples
- GTOPO30 global elevation DEM http://edcdaac.usgs.gov/gtopo30/gtopo30.asp
- Also see the list on the FreeGIS Geo-Data page at http://freegis.org/geo-data.en.html